Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homeward Bound

We're going home.

Just shy of 6 months, we've been told we can leave. Well, truth be told, I HAD to basically threaten Frank, our post transplant coordinator, in order for him to tell us we got the green light. The doctors and Frank we're basically dicking around, not giving us any concrete answers. And yesterday, I'd had it. Lee passed the swallow tests, his Brochoscopy was good, his biopsies were negative...what the hell were they waiting on?!

Ok, now starts the frenzy of cleaning and packing and making sure Lee has enough meds to get us home and I STILL have to send out 2 resumes this week...blah blah blah.

But here's where I have to get a little sappy.
While Lee and I are both thrilled we're going back to NC, we leave behind friends, you might even call them family. An everchanging family made up of diverse backgrounds, cultures, religions and beliefs. People who could understand; who could relate to what Lee and I were dealing with, even if we didn't speak the same language. We sought comfort in one another by sharing stories and experiences and by doing so, learned a great deal. All of us far from home and homesick, patiently waiting on a life saving transplant, hoping we can afford it all, and trying our best to stay sane.
It seems to me that people like us belong to a small group. The unlucky ones, the so called high risk patients, who have to move to another city or state or country to seek medical attention. And often wait many many months, even years in some cases, for an organ.
But while we waited, we conversed, we dined together, we shared knowledge, we even laughed.

And so it is with a sad heart, I say goodbye to these friends. I wish the best for all of them. And I truly hope we cross paths again, but this time, maybe under happier circumstances.

3 comments:

  1. Although I was not there for an organ transplant, but instead just a total knee replacement, I felt the same way when it was time for me to leave. My saying at Family House & getting to spend that time with all of you was NOT by chance! I learned so much about life & love. You guys will ALL stay in my heart & my prayers forever! You & Lee are amazing! Thank you for making my stay at Fam House so pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Esquizofrenia, Toxoplasmosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis,Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to express my profound warm gratitude to the herbal medicine, which I got from Dr. Imoloa. I am now living a healthy life since the past 6 months. I am now a genital herpes virus free after the herbal medication I got from him. You can contact him for your medication Via his email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com/ whatsapp +2347081986098/ website www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete