Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time flies

The clock is ticking. We've now got less than 2 weeks before the temporary relocation to Pittsburgh. I have a hundred and one things to do. Most of which only Lee or I can take care of. Otherwise, I'd be calling our friends and family to get the hell over here.

As I walked through the college campus to the radio station today, wearing my Star Trek The Next Generation tee and carrying my IPAD, I felt like a student again. For a brief moment, I felt young again. But then, just as quickly as that feeling had come, it left. And I giggled. After all, I was over 20 years older than the kids around me. And I was getting ready to talk about a great cause for a serious situation. It was a strange but wonderful moment. One I wished had lasted much longer.

For those of you who didn't get to listen to the shows, Turtle, Lonnie and I were promoting this weekends benefit concert for Lee. Of course, I also tried to throw in a little education about Pulmonary Fibrosis too. It bums me out that I won't be here to help spread the word on future benefits for Lee as I have no problem being on the radio or TV or whatever. I don't know a lot about a lot of subjects but Lee and Pulmonary Fibrosis I know.

Several people have asked about our housing situation and/or have suggested renting an apartment while we are in Pittsburgh. I gotta be honest, it would be more trouble than it's worth. We're only taking the bare necessities with us and would prefer spending a bit more money on safety, a shuttle service, close proximity to the hospital, free meals every now and then, a fitness room and a maid. Apartments can't give us those things. But Family House and Residence Inn can. Plus I just have WAY too much to worry about. Trying to make life easier.

Even though we'll be far from our home and living in hotels, we'll have family and friends visiting from time to time. My Mom is coming up sometime in Dec., and maybe a few friends for New Years. One of my oldest girlfriends lives in Philadelphia and is planning on at least 2 trips to see us. Time will fly by.

2 comments: